Remember You Have Rights…
- You DO NOT have to get three estimates for repairs – Ohio law requires only one estimate.
- You CAN NOT be forced to have imitation parts used in your vehicles’s repair.
- You have a right to receive diminished value after your vehicle has been damaged.
- Your insurance company CAN NOT force you to use a particular repair facility.
Before Repair Begins…
- Know that you have the right to have your vehicle repaired at the facility of your choice. No insurance company can insist or require that you use a particular repair facility.
- You are not requried by any law to obtain more than one damage appraisal or estimate.
- Certain insurance companies may refer you to one of their drive-in claims centers for an inspection. You may also request the insurance company to inspect your vehicle at a reapair facility of your choice where the estimate can be negotiated.
- Don’t compromise the quality of repair of your vehicle. For most people their vehicle is an important investment so be sure to choose a highly recommended collision repair facility with technicians certified by I-CAR or ASE.
- Estimates may vary in cost from on facility to another, or even from different insurance companies. This is usually due to an inability to see all the hidden damage. We will be happy to answer any questions for you regarding this.
- Ask the repair facility if original manufactures (OEM) replacement parts will be used for your vehicle repair.
- Ask if the repair facility offers a warranty on the repair.